Mermaids is a charity supporting trans, non-binary and gender diverse young people and their families. We always aim to ensure young people are central to the work we’re doing. With this in mind, we’re creating a Youth Advisory Panel to ensure the voice of those we serve shape the charity’s services.
The panel will made up by 12 young people, aged 16-18 (on 1 August 2022) and will meet quarterly from October 2022 to May 2023.
We are looking for applicants who:
- Have a passion for sharing their views
- Have time to commit to quarterly online meetings from October 2022 – May 2023
- Are willing to co-plan and co-chair panel meetings
- Are confident to speak with our trustee board about new ideas to improve our service
Some of the benefits of becoming a panel member are:
- Developing skills in agenda planning, note taking, chairing and report writing
- Connecting with staff and trustees at Mermaids and learn more about the work we do
- Opportunities to shadow staff in different departments of the charity
- Having the chance to influence to influence Mermaids service and make a difference to the trans and non-binary community
- Adding the experience to your CV and gain valuable experience and skills
- Meet like-minded young people from across the UK
We want the Youth Advisory Panel to be representative of the different identities that make up our community. With this in mind, we have places reserved for trans people of colour and/or young people with a disability or health condition, who are often underrepresented in projects such as this.
If you have accessibility requirements, please contact us to discuss how we can best support you during and after your application.
The deadline for applications is 16 September 2022.