Join gamers and streamers to raise funds for Mermaids!
Tiltify is an online platform that lets you easily fundraise via Twitch, Mixer, Streamlabs, TikTok or YouTube.
Play video games or just have fun with your followers and friends while raising vital funds for Mermaids. Whichever way you want to engage your followers; we can support you.
Where do I start?
There are many ways you can raise money through Tiltify, here are just a few ideas to get you going:
- Play your favourite game and set fun challenges for yourself, such as only using one type of weapon to win!
- Set a marathon challenge; get a team together and stream for 24 hours straight
- Speed run – see how quickly you can complete a game
- Record yourself and your friends completing challenges – for example if you reach a fundraising amount dye your hair a colour your followers choose!
Make your stream look Mermazing!
Tiltify provides lots of options to customise your stream with overlays.
You can also find us by searching MermaidsGender on GIPHY.
Once you’ve decided on what your fundraiser will be, sign up for an account on Tiltify and choose Mermaids as your charity. Here are some tips to boost your stream:
- Plan well in advance to give you time to get the word out there and make your stream engaging
- Promote your stream on social media to build anticipation of the event
- Let people know why you chose Mermaids and why supporting transgender and gender diverse young people is important to you
- Set milestones to encourage people to donate to your stream
- Thank people on the livestream when they donate, it will make your supporters feel valued and part of the event!
Streaming is lots of fun, however, make sure you look after yourself during your fundraiser:
- Take regular breaks, especially if you and your stream team are doing a marathon session
- Limit your time online and stay hydrated
- Relax your eyes by taking regular screen breaks
- If you feel unwell at any time, take a break or stop your stream. Your health and wellbeing is most important.
- If you choose to stream a game that is rated 18+ you need to mark your stream age appropriately on your chosen streaming platform. Similarly if you feel the content of your stream is not going to be PG-rated you need to make this clear.
To ensure our supporters are staying safe online and looking after their wellbeing, we ask that all streamer event organisers who support Mermaids are 18+. If you are under 18 we ask that you gain parental consent and that parents take steps to ensure you are playing safe online.
We hope you enjoy streaming for Mermaids! Get in touch with [email protected] to discuss how we can support your event.